Why are the login's for the web site and the store different?

Dan Lindberg

Ex Wood Hoarder
Why are the login's for the web site and the store different?

For the 3rd year in a row I can't log into the store.
And even though I request a "new password", I don't get anything.
Not sure if it even recognizes my e-mail.

I was able to re-up using the Paypal option, but can't see my account.

Dan

I'm curious as to why the viewers online status bar indicates robots? Are we at risk of hacking?

No, the presence of robots does not indicate any increased risk of hacking. Google and others are constantly scanning most public web sites. The nasty programs typically don't identify themselves as robots. I also help manage the Maine Canoe Symposium web site at http://www.mainecanoesymposium.org/ and the following is a summary of the robots that have been scanning that site recently.

Benson

upload_2017-11-26_20-15-19.jpg

Last edited:
Logins for the forums and the rest of the site are different (and always have been) because there we have a very demanding website relative to the typical non-profit organization. There are, to my knowledge (and I have looked hard), no unified web platforms that allow us to serve forums, e-commerce, classified ads, chapter news, builders directory, events calendar, and so on. In this current iteration of our site, we were able to reduce the number of discrete elements (forums, store, classifieds, static pages) from three down to two. What we are able to achieve is limited by the WCHA's ability to fund web development, which frankly, is quite small.

We are always striving to make the site easier to use, so if anyone has (constructive) suggestions, I am all ears. Otherwise, the only way to make it simpler and easier to use is to discontinue serving parts of the site.

In the meantime, make your username and password for the different parts the same - if you need help doing this, let me know.

Dan

Thanks Dan and Benson,

It's frustrating to not to be able to login, though what ever you did to allow PP worked, as that's what I used.

Dan, Could you look at my "account" and send me a e-mail as to what I need to do, to allow me to log-in.

Thanks,
Dan

Back