Three Rivers Potamac River Paddle

Max Peterson

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Nine members in five canoes enjoyed a wonderful paddle down the Potomac River June 2-3. The shuttle roads were venturesome and the destination point picturesque, but the weather was great, the paddling easy, the scenery spectacular, and the company outstanding. We enjoyed very comfortable camping accommodations, a refreshing swim before dinner, and stimulating conversation around the campfire. Everyone had a great time, and we offer our thanks to George Reid who scouted it out and made all of the arrangements for a nearly perfect weekend.

Max, I have paddled fished much of the upper Potomac River in the past 54 years. I would like to know about groups in the area. Rockville Md. If there are any.
Thanks

Dave,

Our little trip was planned by George Reid of the Three Rivers Chapter. He did a great job and we had a wonderful time. Contact Al Bratton of the Delaware Valley Chapter (CanoeAl@aol.com) or Bud Gillis of the Upper Chesapeake Chapter (abgilolis@comcast.net). Al, as Chapter Coordinator, might have more suggestions. Perhaps this would be a good area for a combined event for members of two or three of our chapters.

Max

Max, I'm not sure what you all are looking for, Most of the upper Potomac is Rocky. I do allot of walking when fishing. There are long stretches of the river and a good half day trip on the C&O from Great Falls to Georgetown. I would be interisted.

Back