The Original WCHA "Bookman"

Dennis Thornton

Dear Friends, Old and New,

It has been a very long time since I attended an assembly. My last was at Keuka Lake College (?).
My first was way back in the day at St. Josephs College on Lake Sebago, probably in 1980's.

For a number of years, prior to the availability of books on the internet, I spent my time between assembly's
searching every used bookstore for books and literature on canoeing, boating, camping and any associated
interests that were in print. For 7 or 8 assembly's I had the pleasure of being a resource for hard to find
sought after and unusual titles and ephemera. A great time was had by all who swarmed the tables.

Over the 10 years that I was active I made many dear friends whom I have missed greatly. Many have gone
on to paddle elysian waters. I have been thinking about attending an assembly soon and see who might remain
from those days of yore, and to make some new friends from this current generation of WCHA members.

Dennis Thornton
Canal Fulton Ohio

Dennis,
I'm not sure where elysian waters are, so maybe I have paddled them unknowingly. Julie and Marty McCrum stopped by this summer and asked about you.
gil

Welcome back, Dennis! Books are always a delight to find at Assembly.
Keuka College was the site of the event in 201, 2006, and 2009.
In subsequent years, Ric Puls often brought a canoeful of books to sell at Assembly.
He/they have been missed the past few years.

Back