Ralph Frese Collection Move

Paul Miller

Canoe Nut
Hi

I am trying to enlist anyone who might be available, willing and able to help move the canoes of Ralph's collection from their current location off of Pershing Road near China Town in Chicago, to their new location at Crowley's Boat Yard at 3434 East 95th Street on the Calumet River.

We will be moving canoes on Sunday July 12 and Sunday July 19 and could use help moving about 70 canoes. We have SUV's and trailers for the move, we need bodies to move the canoes out of the warehouse onto trailers and from the trailers to the space at Crowley's.

We hope to leave Ralph's sometime after 9am and head to Pershing Road. People can met us anywhere to help load or unload.

I will personally provide lunch for anyone who can help.

Please contact me via this site of call me 630-235-8003

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks to Paul for coordinating this outing. We had a crew of about 9 strong guys this past Sunday, and we were able to move a significant chunk of Ralph's collection.

Here are some photos of the move, which ended with a good scrubbing:
Moving the Ralph Frese Collection

If you're able to donate your Sunday (the 19th) here in Chicago, please contact Paul. It's a great chance to get some up close and personal time with wonderful and rare boats before they're eventually restored... and placed behind red velvet ropes! :D

Ralph's collection is a treasure-trove of historic canoes... wish we could have been part of this effort. Those who love old canoes are a special bunch, and I'm proud to be called "friend" among these special people, who pitch-in for the joy of being around old boats and to help someone who made the effort to selvage them in the first-place.

Thank-you, Ralph, for sharing all that you have... and all that you are!

Kathy

Opportunity to help still available!!

We need to move the balance of the collection this Sunday the 19th.

We need to move about 14 canoes, some over 20 feet long. We have trailers but could use some bodies.

You can meet us at Pershing Road for a short load and ride to Crowley's on 95th Street. We had lunch at a great fish shack just on the river by the boat yard.

Thanks,

Paul

Back