Quiet Water Symposium

I was there last year and had a great time. The Michigan Chapter had a terrific display of canoes and live demos. I stayed overnight in East Lansing, it has a really nice downtown. Its a fun time if you can make it.

As of today, 2 canoes will be canvassed and one will be filled using Jack McGreivey's filler. The first canvassing demo will take place@ about 11 am, shortly after the 10 am presentation on canoe restoration. The second canvassing demo will start @ approx 1 pm and the filling immediately afterwards. Canvas mitts and latex gloves will be provided for willing participants.

Hope to see many at the show. Kimpel's will be there with many pack baskets large or small! Look us up!

Michigan Chapter

Had a great time at QWS today. Here are some pics of Wendy and her baskets, and Gil canvassing and filling canoes. Enjoy!

Mike and Debbie

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 427
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 400
  • P1010016.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 419
  • P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 415
  • P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 424
Thank you Mike and Debbie for helping to promote and sell my baskets! Who would have thought I would have sold them all!
Thank you for a great day!

You are welcome Wendy! We had a wonderful time as well. A guy stopped by that was there yesterday as you were setting up. He was looking for you and your baskets. He said he would check with Russ to get hold of you.

Debbie

Thanks to all WCHA members for helping @QWS; Special thanks to Russ as QWS committee member and to the Dargas for the photos and canvassing help. The canoe that we canvassed and filled was an American Traders version of the Atkinson Traveler. It has been used extensively by Vertical Ventures in their Canadian tripping and rock climbing expeditions. canvassing by hand made it very easy to see why this is such a good paddler. The long length and gradual increase in beam made canvassing as much fun as paddling. ( that's just one opinion)

Back