Northern Lakes Chapter

john hupfield

fire starter/wood burner
Now that it is official this is a Northern Lakes Chapter event,the 12th Annual Killbear Park Paddlers Rendezvous is scheduled for September 12 through 15 at Killbear Provincial Park on the shores of Georgian Bay.
No reservations are required for those using Georgian Campground which the Park has dedicate for our use,
The Rendezvous is a gathering of paddlers and sailors with all kinds of interests taking place in a non-commercial environement. Average turn out is about 200 participants inclusive of flat water paddlers,sailors,builders,racers,environementally sound individuals and children.
Campfires,Fish Fries,Camraderie.
I hope I spelled that right.
Warm water. No Flies.
Bring your paddle and preferrably a good canoe.
John

killbear

Hey John;
I plan to attend, is there enough camp sites for everyone ?
Or is it first come basis? Do they allow camp fires, what about fire wood.
See ya there Dave

killbear

Dave, thats great! here,
http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/killb.html
you can reserve online or call, there is a site locator to tell you what is available for the 12-15th
John is in Georgian campgrounds, we're in Beaver Dams, they're beachfront - all taken but you dont have any worries in Georgian I believe its set aside for the Rendezvous.
Now to call the Border to alert them.....:eek:
What kind of Canuck beer should we have available?

Georgian Campground is reserved for the Rendezvouis,and though not quite as nice as our usual Lighthouse Point Campground,I can assure you that just showing up is sufficent. Georgian allows easier access to the Beaches and open water of Georgian Bay and does not exclude access to the leeward side of Killbear Point.
Assume cool nughts but great days.
Remember that it is a half hour drive to the nearest Beer Store.
Looking forrard to your participation.
John

I meant cool nights.Haha,
Good for campfires,
Wood must be bought in the Park or locally as the Park is an environemental class Park and there is of course concern about invasive species of insects.
Park fees are less in Georgian but Andre promises a bigger rain shelter at his swanky beachfront site.
John

Why

Does a beautiful sunrise always have to mean an oncoming monsoon?
Ah well, worth the downpour.
6:30 am today at Killbear, come one come all for sunsets like this sunrise (hopefully) next weekend at the Rendezvous.

Attachments

• P1100037.JPG
    P1100037.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 449
  • P1100025.JPG
    P1100025.JPG
    412.1 KB · Views: 454
  • P1100016.JPG
    P1100016.JPG
    392.2 KB · Views: 463
Glad you survived.
The official Campground is now Lighthouse Point at the east side of the tip.
Ah,shoreline and no vacationing campers. We get the sunrise and availability of 2 beaches.One of which faces due west into the Bay.
Forecast is rain Friday and clear the rest of the week.
John

Success again!

Another group of canoe sailors and paddlers managed to avoid the rain all day Friday and Saturday and enjoy beautiful Georgian Bay, with participants coming from as far away as Michigan and Boston. Why Fitz or Cav didnt attend I cant really say;) Not really rough camping, if you include the hot showers and flush toilets and running water..
Wind wasnt terribly cooperative but pleasant water temps made up for it, and even held off for the Saturday fish and corn cookoff. Even the ladies got into the thick of it; now to plan for next year and remember to bring some hotdogs.

Attachments

• P1100209.JPG
    P1100209.JPG
    399 KB · Views: 457
  • P1100216.JPG
    P1100216.JPG
    404.6 KB · Views: 449
  • P1100171.JPG
    P1100171.JPG
    441.2 KB · Views: 446
  • P1100148.JPG
    P1100148.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 465
  • P1100184.JPG
    P1100184.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 449
  • P1100203.JPG
    P1100203.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Roughin' it.

Well, Andre, it ain't rough enough for me. Showers you say??!!! The only "showers" I am used to are the showers that fall on the "plains" in Maine.

All, kidding aside, I was tempted to make the trip and it looks like I missed a grand time.

Fitz.

Ha

Fitz, said there were showers, did'nt say we used them:eek: Didnt want to smell too purty, Michigan canoeists milling about and all.
I got my rinse off the weather side of my 16/30 when the outhaul on the main let fly. I can just hear Dan chuckling now...
Amidst the gusts and shifting wind I did flash my bottom a few times though so it was a good time...
Next year bring one of your barges down, we had Bostonians there this year.
Lets take in the no octane next year and I can hand you an invitation and directions.

Back