Important - Norumbega Change Of Venue

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
Norumbega Chapter ~ WCHA

March 10, 2018

Special Bulletin – Norumbega’s Winter Meeting

Change of Location!!

Norumbega’s annual winter meeting will be held tomorrow, March 11, 2018.

Yesterday we were advised by the Hale Reservation that the snowstorm of March 7 and 8 has left them with multiple downed trees on the powerlines going to the Trading Post, they were without power at their offices and their utility company has given them no time frame for restoring power. Hale will not be able to host our event and they have not been able to offer an alternate date.

On short notice I have made arrangements to hold the event at an alternate location. I was able to get space here in Groveland at a venue that is not unlike the Hale Reservation. It is an old estate that has been given to the Town and is used for recreation and as a function facility. It is known as the Veasey Memorial Park.

We will hold the meeting here from noon until 5:00 pm, just as we would have at the Hale if the weather had co-operated. Ted Harrigan has been kept in the loop on this and he will have the big pot of stew there and all warmed up before noon.

Here are the directions to get to Veasey Memorial Park:

The street address is: 201 Washington Street, Groveland, MA 01834 for those with GPS.

From the South via I-95: Use Exit 54-B, Route 133, Georgetown. Follow Route 133 West about 2 ½ miles to the center of Georgetown where there is a traffic light. Going straight through the lights you will be on Route 97 North. In 2 miles you will enter Groveland, in another mile there is a small strip mall on the right and a Chinese restaurant on the left. Turn left here on Salem Street, in about 1 mile there is a blinking red light. Turn left on Washington Street, in about a ½ mile Veasey Memorial Park is on the right, the main parking area is at the top of the hill, look for the WCHA signs that will be posted.

From the North via I-95: Use Exit 54, Route 133, Georgetown and follow the instructions above.

From the West via I-495: Use Exit 49, Routes 110/113 Haverhill. Follow route 113 East right through the City of Haverhill, keeping the Merrimack River to your right.

In the center of town Route 113 joins Route 97 South and continues along the river. Stay on Route 97 until you get to the Groveland Bridge, cross the river and continue on 97 South about 1 ½ miles to the Chinese Restaurant at Salem Street. Turn right here on Salem Street, in about a mile there is a blinking red light. Turn left on Washington Street, in about a ½ mile Veasey Memorial Park is on the right, the parking area is at the top of the hill, look for the WCHA signs that will be posted.

When going through Haverhill, do not be tempted to cross the Merrimack River until you get to the Groveland Bridge. There are two opportunities to cross the river before you get to the Groveland Bridge and if you take the wrong bridge you will become hopelessly lost and have to call for help.

Back