Great Rivers Chapter 5th Annual Jag Lake Get Together Boulder Junction Wisconsin!

Dave Osborn

LIFE MEMBER
Mark your calender now to attend our Fifth Annual Jag Lake Fall Color Get Together, Sept 7-9.

Camp, paddle, fish, bike and socialize at the Jag Lake Campground and nearby Manitowish River, Boulder Junction, Vilas County. This event has been one of the favorite events of the chapter. You don't have to be in the chapter to attend. The more the merrier!!

We have the group campground reserved Friday through Sunday evening so you can arrive on Friday and leave Monday morning. Camping fee is $20 for the weekend. The campground is limited to tent camping only, but there is a RV campground just down the road. Contact Dave Osborn for details on that.

We’ll paddle on Jag Lake daily. There are other paddling options nearby as well such as the Manitowish River and wilderness-like Day Lake for those interested. There’ll be a group dinner Saturday evening. A $5 donation is asked as well as a dish to pass. Meat will be provided.

It's a free and easy weekend, with no demos or programs planned other than the group dinner on Saturday. There will be a lot of campfire conversation, wooden canoe "tire kicking" as well as trying out each other's canoes. Feel free to bring non-wood canoes as well. A wooden canoe is not a requirement for attendance. You may also bring wooden canoes or wooden boats for a restoration assessment.

Jag Lake has great smallmouth bass fishing and is a real sleeper for muskies. There is virtually no boat traffic on this gem of a lake!

Come and kick back with us. WHO's Coming??

Directions: Go 13 miles north of Woodruff on Hwy. 51. Turn right onto County H. Go 1.4 miles and turn right onto North Creek Road. Follow it one mile to the campground on the left. For information and RSVP, Dave Osborn, 715-892-7391, dave@littlelakescanoe.com.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

You know that Cindy and I will be there along with my trailer/your trailer full the canoes I had on exhibit at the Marquette Museum for the summer.

Anyone that attends will have the opportunity to paddle any of the canoes in the picture, except the unrestored 16' Peterborough wide board racing canoe.

The first canoe is a W.T. Bush, then an early B.N. Morris, Walter Dean Sunnyside Cruiser, and a four board Wm English Model 20. Folks that paddled the Wm English at Ken Kelly's event in the spring were very pleased with the experience.

You will have to kneel in the 3 Canadian built canoes as they don't have seats.

Looking for a good turnout and a great time!

Paul

Attachments

• IMAG0810.jpg
    IMAG0810.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 392
After reading Paul's post, I am really excited. Looking forward to sailing with you Paul.

See you in less then two weeks.
Howard

I'll be there, expecting to paddle someone else's canoe(s). I also know of some other UP residents who will be there but who don't post here. Should be a great turnout. I've placed videos of a couple past-Jag Lake-events on YouTube if anyone cares to hunt them down by searching "Jag Lake" and kkloskklos on YouTube.

Kathy

Does anyone recall who collected the list of attendees?

I lost an email of someone I met and was suppose to send them something so I'd like to see if that person was on the list.

Thanks to Dave and Ferdy for a well run event and fun for all.

Paul & Cindy

Paul,
I have some of the e-mail addresses. Jake Teske has some, too. E-mail me the name of the person you want to contact and between jake and i we can probably help you out.
Dave

Thank you Dave and Ferdy!
We were a bit burned out after a week of camping and paddling in the flowage. I had every intention of setting up the wet tent and gear and hanging at Jag Lake Saturday night but...
The video is great, Kathy. I saw the sun came out later in the day after we left.

Thanks to all of you who make this annual event worth attending.
howard

Back