Father's Day Paddle

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
For any lurking Norumbegas (or anyone else for that matter) out there, get your boat out, put the clan in it, pack a lunch, and join us on Sunday.

Sunday, June 15th is Father's Day and the Norumbega Chapter will be hosting the fourth annual event on the Sudbury and Concord Rivers. Each year this gets bigger and better, so plan on joining in on this fun, easy paddle.

As we have done before we will launch at the Sherman's Bridge Road crossing on the Lincoln/Sudbury line, starting at 9:00 am. After paddling we will land at the Old North Bridge in Concord for a picnic lunch.

Rain Out

We gathered and stood around chatting and making weather predictions in a soaking rain, but finally called off the Paddle for today. It took a few minutes to convince son Brendan that we should cancel. "Dad, it's not that bad, at least it's not snowing".

For anyone interested, there is a River Fest going on on the Sudbury/Concord/Assabet Rivers this weekend and I just found out there is a sunset paddle scheduled for I think 7 PM at River Road off Route 27 in Sudbury. The canoe is on the car, so I may convince myself to attend if the weather breaks.

Although I see there is a limit on the number of attendees.

Sunset Paddle. What better way to end the Riverfest weekend then to paddle along the Sudbury River as the sun sets and the moon rises. Join Tom Arnold, Sudbury Valley Trustees volunteer for an easy paddle and then raft together under the moon. Feel free to bring and share a dessert, a light beverage and a camera. Starting and ending at River Road, just off Route 27. This paddle is limited to 16 persons. Canoe rentals are available on a limited basis for $20. Call 978-443-5588 for info. Sudbury/7–9pm

More Information on River Fest Here:

http://www.sudbury-assabet-concord.org/theOrganization/riverfest.html

Back