Canoecopia this weekend!

pklonowski

Unrepentant Canoeist
If you're anywhere near Madison, Wisconsin, this weekend, be sure to stop by the WCHA booth at the annual paddlesports extravaganza, generally referred to as Canoecopia... We're in the corner again, alongside McCormick Lumber, the Wisconsin Canoe Museum, and Adirondack Guide Boats. We'll be in pretty darn good company, and a wooden boat mini-heaven, by all means!

Info at www.canoecopia.com

Jerry Karbon et al put on another great show at Canoecopia this weekend. Besides Jerry's beautifully restored 1915 Morris, and his solo canoe that he designed and built, Gene Ott brought a partially restored Thompson Hiawatha, and Gene & Jerry used it to do a Restoration Demo. Last I heard, we have a preliminary count of 15 new members(!). Visitors came in steadily all day Friday, were heavy on Saturday, and pretty steady on Sunday, until the last hour or two. Many thanks as well to Judy & Craig Kitchen, and Mike Borrett, for staffing the booth SSSOOOO many hours! Not sure how many others helped out -- if I missed anyone, please accept my apologies, and speak up!

Back