Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

wooden gunnel source near Houston?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Doug Ebeling, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Doug Ebeling

Doug Ebeling Canoe Poler

Does anybody have leads on a source for wooden gunnels or lumber near Houston Texas? Or a good source that can ship the long lengths? We need to replace the gunnels on a 15 1/2 ft boat.

Thanks,
    Doug Ebeling
    Spring, TX
    ebeling@charter.net

2. OP
    OP
    Doug Ebeling

Doug Ebeling Canoe Poler

Answer

In calling around it looks like my best source is Clark's Hardwood Lumber Co., 700 E. 5 1/2 (in the Heights) Houston, Tx 77007, 713-862-6628. They had both rough and finished in the lengths needed.

Thought I'd reply to my own question so others searching can take benefit of it. Doug

3. Splinter

Splinter Wood Girl #1186

You've set the bar

By answering your own question on an online forum I believe you have just taken "talking to myself" to a new level. Congratulations!?

4. Denis M. Kallery

Denis M. Kallery Passed Away July 3, 2012 In Memoriam

Talking to ones self is not a problem the problem arises when you start saying "WHAT?" Denis :D

5. Splinter

Splinter Wood Girl #1186

What ?!?!?!?!

6. Denis M. Kallery

Splinter,
    Thanks for the good laugh!
    Denis :D

7. Splinter

Splinter Wood Girl #1186

You'll have to type louder...

I'm busy talking to myself and can't hear you.

8. Splinter

Splinter Wood Girl #1186

Oh Hey!

Is your gang from the UP coming down to Canoecopia in Madison March 9-11? We're having an exhibit booth there and it would be really fun to meet up with your gang. Let's say we entertain ourselves with foolish canoey talk while hoisting a few der, hey?!

9. Denis M. Kallery

Our first meeting is next weekend and we shall discuss that with whoever shows up. Two of our number went last year. We would like to meet you folks. Sounds fun. We'll keep in touch. Denis

10. Kathryn Klos

Kathryn Klos squirrel whisperer

Canoecopia-- holy wah!

We'll be there, Splinter... I won't even say, "we'll TRY to be there" because as Yoda says, "there is no TRY-- there is only DO or NOT DO". I'll bring it up at our UP Chapter meeting next Saturday and maybe we can travel en masse.

Kathy

11. Splinter

Splinter Wood Girl #1186

On the ball or on the bus!

Great. Find us at the WCHA Booth and lets have some fun! Same goes for MN, IA, IL people. Splinter

12. pklonowski

pklonowski Unrepentant Canoeist

Ccopia

Wait, that sounds like beer talk... Do you allow flatlanders (from Silly-noise) to join you?

13. Splinter

Splinter Wood Girl #1186

The more the merrier

Sure, everyone on the other side of the "cheddar curtain" is welcome. Let's get together.

Splinter