Wisconsin & Illinois Chapter Outing

canoebuildermark

student of canoes
Wisconsin, Illinois chapters, spring paddle outing, May 27th

Hello everyone, let’s get together and do some paddling.
This invitation is for anyone with a wooden canoe they want to get wet, and for those that have an appreciate for wooden canoes and would like to get an eyeful of them.

We will be paddling a section of the Pecatonica River’s East Branch. This is one of my favorite rivers, one minute you will be paddling through a hilly pasture filled with cows, the next minute past towering rocky cliffs. The river flows slowly enough for any skill level, however it is narrow in most places so a few good bow strokes would come in handy once in a while. There are no rapids and at normal water levels there is very little scraping of the bottom.

We’ll be putting in to the river at Blanchardville Wisconsin. You’ll find us at the North end of town just off of Highway H. We will begin meeting at 9:00, and move our cars to the take-out on River Road at 10:00 sharp. The trip should take around four hours to complete. Please bring a lunch, water, rain gear, and a set of dry clothes in case you dump.

If you would like to join us, please contact me and let me know.
The best way would be to email Mark Morrall at morrall@t6b.com or at 815-765-3402

Please check out our new website at, http://www.freewebs.com/wiwcha/
Check it often for changes and updates.

The Event

Have never paddled on this water but am interested. If I'm not otherwise occupied, I'd like to come to it.

Splinter
262 374-0629:)

I'm glad to hear you can make it!
I sent a map to the put-in to your e-mail.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Mark

Put in Map

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your arm welcome and for sending the map. I hate to trouble you, but somehow, I didn't get the map. Can you send it again? Maybe you can try sending it to my work email:
margaret.fisher@weyerhaeuser.com

I appreciate it.
Will you be joining us on the 22nd? I'd love to get to know you, too.
Margaret

Back