Who mades these wicker (?) cup holders?

Howie

Wooden Canoe Maniac
A few years ago we bought these cute canoe cup holders at the Paul Smiths Assembly.
2016-05-26 13.15.44.jpg
A fella who just bought a canoe from me saw then and wondered where we got them. Anybody know who made them and whether they're still available?

I believe that they were made by Wendy and John Kimpel who go by woodcanoenut here. Good luck,

Benson

Very nice weaving, I'd of guessed the work was done by descendants of the Abenaki tribe up in Maine, they still have a tradition of beautiful weaving.

I bought one a couple years ago from her at the Quiet Water Symposium at Michigan State University, excellent weaving and I wish I had bought another.

Howie,
Benson is correct. Wendy Kimpel makes these baskets, her fellow paddler (& husband) John helps with the larger ones with the wood base.
We have two baskets for every canoe we own (can't say how many canoes my wife reads this forum). These great baskets (Wendy signs each on the bottom) hold "various" beverages on each canoe outing.

Wendy and John are paddling with our MI chapter this week (Manistee River), I will alert her to your request.
Ossineke

Back