What I've been up to...

Dan Miller said:
It might look good in the photos, but they aren't perfect. I had to keep reminding myself that it "is just a workshop"...

I will correct my friend, Dan, in the most subtile and polite way I know - BS!!! :D

He is too modest - those joints are works of art! I have seen very proud furniture makers (myself included) with looser fitting joints.

In 15 years restoring old cabins I learned the only one who sees the loose joints, the slightly out of square or plumb joint is the one who did the work. Every one of us had our goofs that would be the first thing we saw , but was never noticed by anyone else. So forget "it's only a workshop", and lean back with your favorite beverage and enjoy all the ooohs and aaahs. You certainly have earned them.

Well said!! I've also noticed that after a few months I get to the point where I don't see all the little mistakes and can enjoy the overall effect.

Dan Miller said:
It's not a canoe, but it is a place where canoes will be born and reborn... and it was created entirely with hand tools. The only electricity used was to power the XM radio...

Nice looking work area. I love the stone foundation

Here is an update, showing the as-yet unfinished interior...

Attachments

• workshop_interior.jpg
    workshop_interior.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 487
That's a shop?

Looks a heck of a lot warmer than my house!!
;) :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :p

What no sawdust! sheesh. it will be a real workshop when the sawdust first shows up.

Shavings, Bob, Shavings. Everyone knows sawdust is bad for you.

And the workbench. I covet.

Then I better not post any pictures after I move the other two in, huh? :D

looking forward to the "christening" party.

Well, Mike, if you're planning to come over and spill beer on the floor, I've already managed to do that... Should have the floor finished by Monday AM, we'll have to have a gathering after that.

shaving, i usually do that before i go to the shop. that keeps the SAWDUST from clinging to my beard. hehe. nice shop.:D

Back