Thanks Dan Miller and Happy Birthday!

Howard Caplan

Wooden Canoe Maniac
Something was wrong yesterday with the Post New Thread screen and I had one of my many rather obvious and dumb questions. I sent webmaster Dan Miller a quick message telling of the problem. He quickly replied that he was on it and I realized Dan had the answer so I asked him the question and he quickly replied with the answer.

Thanks Dan!

Happy Birthday!
Howard

Thanks, Howard,

Happy to help, that's why I get the big bucks...! Yesterdays problem was typical, took all day to figure it out, and in the end it was stupidly simple to fix, but near impossible to find...

Dan

I too also experienced the same problems with the New Post Thread and am glad to hear that you've been able to solve the problem. I also wish to offer my best wishes to you on the occasion of your birthday and to thank you for being the great resource that you are for the WCHA.

Cheers from the Pacific side of things from one Dan to another!

Dan

The changes here are really cool-- love the background and other images-- thanks for this and all the other work you've put into the site. And a belated happy b-day.

Kathy

Nice changes. I've been logging in from Asia for the last weeks and when the changes were made I assumed the sight was having issues due to local connections or web-blocking. There is a certain amount of blatant censorship that happens here (in China).

Two things:
It looks like the log-in boxes that used to be top right on the page next to the text log-in are gone. When you select log-in it does open the dialogue box though.

What canoe is now in the background? Is it one of yours.

Two things:
It looks like the log-in boxes that used to be top right on the page next to the text log-in are gone. When you select log-in it does open the dialogue box though.

What canoe is now in the background? Is it one of yours.

Odd, the log in boxes are there in all the browsers I have access to on PC and Mac - what are you using? Can you send me a screen shot?

The canoe is a Rushton Ugo, part of the Antique Boat Museum Collection...

Odd, the log in boxes are there in all the browsers I have access to on PC and Mac - what are you using? Can you send me a screen shot?

The canoe is a Rushton Ugo, part of the Antique Boat Museum Collection...

Firefox.
I just logged in without any issues. The log in boxes are there but were not earlier. That's odd?

Back