Test - photo of recent restoration

Michael Grace

Lifetime Member
Testing the new forums. So far, looks great! Photo navigation is quick and easy, the overall look is nice, and old content appears to be here. Wonderful! Adding a thumbnail and a full-size photo. Both work fine, and editing is very easy.
Grace recent restoration.jpg
Grace recent restoration.jpg

I agree -- the forums seem fine. I just replied to a serial number request, and had no problems -- the new image icons are more legible and functional than the old one was. Haven't played with everything yet, testing a media insert here:

Testing the new forums. So far, looks great! Photo navigation is quick and easy, the overall look is nice, and old content appears to be here. Wonderful! Adding a thumbnail and a full-size photo. Both work fine, and editing is very easy.
I agree -- the forums seem fine. I just replied to a serial number request, and had no problems -- the new image icons are more legible and functional than the old one was. Haven't played with everything yet, testing a media insert here:

And you can quote several posts simply by clicking on "Reply" of the posts above - it adds each quote to the editor.

And you can quote several posts simply by clicking on "Reply" of the posts above - it adds each quote to the editor.
I don't recall that the sandbox required you to be logged in to view image attachments? Is that a change or did I fail to notice?
It would be interesting to hear what prompted the go live this week....

I don't recall that the sandbox required you to be logged in to view image attachments? Is that a change or did I fail to notice?
It would be interesting to hear what prompted the go live this week....

Probably a lot of things need to be tweaked. I've just given guests permission to view attachments. The sandbox version you tested was a different forum system.

The change that prompted us to go live was an unannounced upgrade to our old server that broke the store (which was on its last legs anyway), and vBulletin, which would have forced us to upgrade to an unstable version of the one we were using, or upgrade to version 5, which was not a good option in my opinion.

We are now on our own VPS, so have much more control over the inner workings, and the hosts support has been much better so far.

Dan

It's pretty slick. Often changes of this magnitude result in complaints and lost traffic. I'm thinking about the Paddling site changes as an example of how not to do things.
This looks like this is a better and more logical structure. Well done.
It must have been one heck of a week for you.
Presumably you'll get to the other "bit's" over the next weeks/months and as things turn up. Meanwhile it's time for a couple of these;

Attachments

• IMG_20170309_221355158.jpg
    IMG_20170309_221355158.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 277
You all have been very patient. Thanks!

Mike, your attachment isn't working. Let me know if we need to sort something out.

Dan

:D I've heard beer is good. I might have to try one. Especially after this week.
Hmm...I'm not sure I can recommend one..but several..yes, several, definitely several.
Also, I'm still not convinced that it's good. I may to make another trip to Belgium to do some more research about that. I believe I missed several hundred varieties in my last tour....

Back