sailing rig parts for sale on ebay

Mike Heines

Upstate Canoe Sailor
If you live in Maine and need a canoe sailing setup, have a look on ebay at #150014794936. I have no interest since it's too far away for me, but at $50 it looks like a good deal for someone.

It seems to be some sort of Leg-O-Mutton or similar 3-sided sail hardware. In any case, the brass sailtrack and slides are quite hard to find these days and pretty valuable. It might be a good starting point for someone building or restoring a traditional decked sailing canoe similar to the one that Andre picked up recently or something like a sailing peapod.

If the price stays low, somebody local should grab it and if nothing else put it in storage. It would cost a bloody fortune to duplicate those spars and their hardware and sooner or later somebody is bound to show up willing to pay a pretty penny to get them.

can't read my own handwriting

Benson - thanks for the assist. Anyone who knows me well can relate stories about how bad my handwriting is. Now I've sunk to a new low of not being able to read it myself!

I must echo Todd's comments. I don't think I've ever seen brass tracks like that.

Mike H.

Back