Recent Kennebec Purchase

Jerry Van

Curious about Wooden Canoes
As suggested, I've posted some photos of the Kennebec I bought last month. It's currently under restoration by a forum member, so I guess these are the "Before" pics.

Attachments

• kenne1.JPG
    kenne1.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 806
  • kenne2.JPG
    kenne2.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 842
  • kenne3.JPG
    kenne3.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 817
  • kenne4.JPG
    kenne4.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 790
  • kenne5.JPG
    kenne5.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 788
  • kenne6.JPG
    kenne6.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 758
Yes, your's looks like it going to be a beauty when your done. Keep adding photos as you progress. Did you ever find a serial number on it? Was it on both stems?

Jerry's canoe can be seen at Seven POnds Nature Center Harvest Days Festival this weekend in Dryden, Mi. Stop in and say hi. $6.00 entry fee supports the nature center kids under 12 free. I've begun the stripping of the interior and we have a serial number request posted in another thread. Country Smokehouse pulled pork is on the menu for Saturday. Brats for Sunday. 11am to 5pm.

Jerry,

Currently restoring a 17 foot Kennebec "Torpedo" that looks similar to yours. Could use a few more photos of the bow/stern t see how the stem and Gunwales meet. Also need measurements for the seats and thwarts as to their distances from the ends. Is there a printed source out there somewhere for this stuff?

Back