Re-stretching canvas after filler applied?

Bravo...now let it sit for long enough for the filler to properly cure...it takes longer than a normal persons patience can abide...

It actually takes two years before the solvents in the varnish won't affect the filler. that's why I NOW always varnish the interior before canvassing. Been there. Ain't no fun!!

Spoke to soon. After Reading this I think I shouldn't have stretched and filled during the unpredictable weather we've had this winter. If the humidity is low and the temperature above 45 alls fine when the humidity rises some pockets return. I managed to tighten it up some but its still going on not nearly as bad. If I roll it out in the sun almost instantly its tight. When I filled the sponsons I applied the filler generously it ran down through the backside in places which I thought was good. Maybe not. I've decided to just wait it out until I'm certain all the filler is totally cured in around the sponson areas. I have a unheated cinder block garage it can hold the moisture inside but once the weather breaks its like an oven. Like you said I can make it right with the fairing compound if need be. Right now it changes with the weather, very frustrating. So much for a winter project with hopes of finishing by spring maybe late summer now .

Back