Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Quiet Water Symposium

Discussion in 'Wooden Canoe Events' started by Mike Darga, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Mike Darga

Mike Darga Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes

The Michigan chapter will have a booth at the QWS held in the Agricultural Building of Michigan State University, Lansing MI. on Saturday March 3, 2012. Stop and say hello we will be in the arena. www.QuietWaterSymposium.org

2. Dave Wermuth

Dave Wermuth Who hid my paddle?

Hi Mike, I wish I could be there.

3. chris pearson

chris pearson Michigan Canoe Nut

Dave, I feel REAL sorry for ya!

4. Alex Guthro

Alex Guthro LOVES Wooden Canoes

I was there last year and had a great time. The Michigan Chapter had a terrific display of canoes and live demos. I stayed overnight in East Lansing, it has a really nice downtown. Its a fun time if you can make it.

5. Gil Cramer

Gil Cramer The wooden canoe Shop, Inc.

As of today, 2 canoes will be canvassed and one will be filled using Jack McGreivey's filler. The first canvassing demo will take place@ about 11 am, shortly after the 10 am presentation on canoe restoration. The second canvassing demo will start @ approx 1 pm and the filling immediately afterwards. Canvas mitts and latex gloves will be provided for willing participants.

6. woodcanoenut

woodcanoenut 1914 Old Town Charles River

Hope to see many at the show. Kimpel's will be there with many pack baskets large or small! Look us up!

7. OP
    OP
    Mike Darga

Michigan Chapter

Had a great time at QWS today. Here are some pics of Wendy and her baskets, and Gil canvassing and filling canoes. Enjoy!

Mike and Debbie

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    Mike Darga

Here is Gil Cramer canvassing canoes. P1010007.jpg P1010014.jpg P1010020.jpg P1010035.jpg

9. OP
    OP
    Mike Darga

10. OP
    OP
    Mike Darga

11. woodcanoenut

woodcanoenut 1914 Old Town Charles River

Thank you Mike and Debbie for helping to promote and sell my baskets! Who would have thought I would have sold them all!
    Thank you for a great day!

12. dmd421

dmd421 Debbie Darga

You are welcome Wendy! We had a wonderful time as well. A guy stopped by that was there yesterday as you were setting up. He was looking for you and your baskets. He said he would check with Russ to get hold of you.

Debbie

13. pklonowski

pklonowski Unrepentant Canoeist

Looking great! Next weekend is our turn, at Canoecopia, in Madison. Come on out!

14. Gil Cramer

Thanks to all WCHA members for helping @QWS; Special thanks to Russ as QWS committee member and to the Dargas for the photos and canvassing help. The canoe that we canvassed and filled was an American Traders version of the Atkinson Traveler. It has been used extensively by Vertical Ventures in their Canadian tripping and rock climbing expeditions. canvassing by hand made it very easy to see why this is such a good paddler. The long length and gradual increase in beam made canvassing as much fun as paddling. ( that's just one opinion)

15. chris pearson

chris pearson Michigan Canoe Nut

I watched you, does that count? Just watching Gil work makes me tired........

16. Gil Cramer

As the photo attests------------YOU WERE THERE!!!!!!!!