Plans for lightweight canoe transporter?

rbaselt

Somewhere during the past 10 years I read an article that described how to build a lightweight canoe transporter using 2 bicycle wheels. Now that I am too old and feeble to carry my 17' Penobscot cedar/canvas beauty to the water, such a device would be of great assistance. Does this ring any bells with other enthusiasts? Thanks! --Randall

Try Ebay

I have built several after studing the different types offered on Ebay . Just do a "canoe" search . If you are at all handy they can be built quite easily from scrap parts .

Thanks for the responses!

Thanks to you both for the very helpful information. I emailed Kanawa magazine for a reprint and am awaiting a reply. That's an interesting website. I began reading some of the archived articles available online and it was nearly 2 hours before I remembered why I had gone there!

And the ebay stuff was an eyeopener. I use ebay all the time, but never thought to look there. For about $45 I bought a stainless steel "canoe cart" to use for my ocean kayak (actually baidarka). The SOF boat is light, but moving it plus a wetsuit and other equipment over rocky terrain down to the surf is never an easy task. ---Randall

Back