Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Ontario Lake Dugout Canoe Value?

Discussion in 'Birchbarks, Dugouts and Primitive Craft' started by Jason Duiella, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Jason Duiella

Jason Duiella New Member

Hey guys!

I am hoping to learn more about dugout canoes (mishoons?) found in Ontario lakes.

The photos below may help you identify the certain type of dugout canoe I am inquiring about.

1:
    [​IMG]

2:
    [​IMG]

The one specifically that I am interested in is the 1st image which comes Fairholme Lake in Whitestone, Ontario! I would post a link but I think the system said to avoid links for now. You could Google "The mystery of one dugout canoe".

I am open to learn anything about them and I would love to know what the approximate price for an original dugout canoe found in an Ontario lake would be? Has one ever been sold?

Please let me know if you are able to provide any further information about the canoes and l look forward to hearing back!

Thank you!!

Jason

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      808.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      462.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Benson Gray

Benson Gray Canoe History Enthusiast Staff Member

3. OP
    OP
    Jason Duiella

Jason Duiella New Member

Thanks Benson. Sorry, I was hoping I could delete the original post in the "Research and History" section. I don't think I can ...

4. Benson Gray

Benson Gray Canoe History Enthusiast Staff Member

No, the delete option is removed once someone has responded to a message. Sorry,

Benson

Jason Duiella likes this.