Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

New from Lee Valley

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Dan Miller, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Dan Miller

Dan Miller cranky canoeist Staff Member

2. chris pearson

chris pearson Michigan Canoe Nut

Are you kidding? To not smell the fresh shaven wood in the air? To not feel those chips crunching under your shoes? To not pick the small wood fragments off my dog after laying down on them? NEVER DAN!!!!!!!!! What is the world coming to? I can just see the guys demoing this at the assembly under the tent! Fire up the generator!

3. pklonowski

pklonowski Unrepentant Canoeist

LOL!!!

I'm with Chris on this one... besides, the "shfff" of the plane sounds like the "shfff" of a paddle in the water, even on a cold winter's night. I like hearing it, so no power tools while I'm planing or spokeshaving, please!

Think they'll rig one for chisels soon? I won't get that, either...:rolleyes:

4. Greg Nolan

Greg Nolan enthusiast

April First

5. fred capenos

fred capenos Wooden Canoe Maniac

Maybe next April they will have one for the "Adze".

6. chris pearson

chris pearson Michigan Canoe Nut

I actually fell for it.

7. MGC

MGC Paddlephile

Wow, it removes the "pluck and preen" while "maintaining mind blowing suction."
    And formed with Geo-thermal energy.
    That's clever-er.
    More interesting than the cow I was so sure that I spotted in our back yard this AM.....

8. crosscuts

crosscuts LOVES Wooden Canoes

I can buy a good broom and dust pan locally for under $10.

R.C.

9. OP
    OP
    Dan Miller

Dan Miller cranky canoeist Staff Member

Some of you need to look at the calendar... :D

For those new to Lee Valley's annual offering, go to their search page and search for "afd". The neat thing about these is that all of these really work, ludicrous as they may seem...

10. Dave Wermuth

Dave Wermuth Who hid my paddle?

I've been going through the new posts looking for the April Fool's prank. this is the best one ever. Good Job Dan.