• canoe-shop-diorama 009.jpg
    canoe-shop-diorama 009.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 744
  • canoe-shop-diorama 013.jpg
    canoe-shop-diorama 013.jpg
    677.9 KB · Views: 738
Thankyou...

Kathryn,
Thanks so much, it means alot to me that others appreciate scale work. I love scale stuff and this is a way to join modelwork and my love of canoes together. :)

Diorama shots

I'll ditto Kathy's comments -- it looks stunning from here. Building in full scale is great work, but in model scale, and with the full diorama... WOW!!!! The "shop" doesn't even look sawdusty!

What if.. you got a good, high-resolution picture of the diorama, that could be printed up poster-size? Could this be merchandise at the WCHA store, and possibly other venues? Wouldn't even have to print one up until someone ordered it.

Just an idea... bounce it around.

Couple of Dwarves I know want to go in and finish that canoe.Don't let them in.I've seen their work,all gnarley and such.
Not a few people I know would love to shrink into this work.
I love the tapered ribs.
John

Dude you are nuts, I just love those and have been checking out your work for a couple years now, always more pics and show us how, how in the world you do that!!!!!!

Thanks guys, I got another I'm finishing up, I'll post photos as soon as I'm done. The 1/12th scale canoes are tough to make, the smaller they are, the harder to do. I love to do the dioramas though, fun to mess around with the little details, stuff that takes a while to pick out.

my-oh-my-orama

There's dozens more wood and canvas canoes inside those lockers at the Dayton Canoe Club....

Attachments

• woodyatDCC.jpg
    woodyatDCC.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 543
Back