Model paint scheme

sander63*

Curious about Wooden Canoes
In Roger Young's interesting article on models in the new issue of Wooded Canoe I was intrigued by the
1924 Old Town model pictured. I am planning on painting my 17 HW its original fire red color and liked the gold stipe with blue outline and simple Greek key shown on the model. I could not find this scheme in the OT cd, was wondering if it was used in production?
Thanks!

Old Town produced a huge variety of paint schemes including a broad assortment of stripes with Greek ends. The estimates at http://www.wcha.org/catalogs/old-town/designs/thumbnal.html indicate that the red body with a black stripe, Greek ends, and a gold outline know as the design number 37 was the most popular standard design. Roger Young's model indicates that at least one was produced with a red body, gold stripe, and Greek ends. I would encourage you to paint yours with something that you like since Old Town would paint almost anything a customer wanted on their canoe. Please post some pictures when it is done.

Benson

Thanks Benson! I have been having a lot of fun working and learning on my first restoration, and the help of WCHA members has been a big part of it. I will be happy to post a picture.
Regards
Tom

Back