Missing Paddles

Andy Hutyera

The Red Canoe Guy - Life Member
The Assembly was incredible and we hated to leave as usual. Thanks to all who made it possible!l

After we loaded up the car and got halfway home I realized that my two favorite paddles were not in the car. They were two Voyaguer style paddles made of cherry. One was curly cherry and the other was straight grain cherry. They were last seen by me around the beach area to the left of the foot of the stairs. Some of my helpers are relatively certain they were carried up to the green and left under my canoe Sat. night. Sunday morning they were no where to be seen. If anyone ran into them, I'd sure appreciate hearing from you.

My first reaction was that I'd just make another set, but then in the middle of the night I realized how special these old friends were and now I'm really missing them!

Andy,

We were about the last canoe coming up from the beach on Sunday morning, and I noticed they were still sitting there. (I almost stepped on one in the dark on Saturday night.) Al Bratton was still around, and I asked him if he had any idea who they belonged to. He didn't. but I'm pretty sure that he grabbed them for safe keeping figuring that someone would miss them soon. Check with him. Your babies are safe.

Jim

Jim

A thousand thank yous! I didn't want to believe that anyone would have walked off with them. I've sent an e-mail to Al who I will be seeing in Oct. I can wait 'till then as long as I know they're safe.

Thanks for the happy ending!!!

Back