Linkanoe

bustershep

I have a Linkanoe that has been stored for about 50 years and am trying to find an appreciative home for it. Does anyone have an interest in it, a reference to a museum that might be interested and does it have any value?

This is a portable canoe made up of 10 sections that are cold molded, trimmed in oak(?) with stainless fittings and a canvas cover. It is beautifully made and to my knowledge, never been used. The canvas cover has deteriorated at the seams. Photos are available.

I found this description of the Linkanoe from the WCHA archives as shown below:
"Posted by Dan Miller on Thursday, 8 March 2001
This is called a Linkanoe. The shell is made of phenolic resin, and the canvas cover was held in place with shock cord. They were made by the Link Company between 1945 and 1949 in Gananoque, Ontario. Link Manufacturing Co. also had a factory in Binghamton, NY where they made flight trainers for the British Royal Air Force. According to the Linkanoe entry in Hallie Bond's book "Boats and Boating in the Adirondacks", about 4,000 canoes, outboard boats and skiffs were made by Link. Neat boats they are indeed."

Hello,

I'd be interested if the price is right. They come up on eBay every once in a while. I don't remember what the last one went for. Seems it was a bit low, but it was in BFE Canada.

Mark

I have no idea what it is worth, but it sounds like you have some idea of value. I can email you photos of it, then you can make me an offer. My email addrress is: shshep@aol.com.

Back