In need of list of Auctions Private Collectors etc for Scale Miniature Canoe Models

KEA

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I'm considering selling my beautiful Old Town Scale Miniature Canoe Model.

If anyone has knowledge of specialized auctions i.e. Fishing Tackle/Decoy auctions, and other suitable types of auctions, also Museums, Private collectors, Retailers, and the like...please post them here.

A little history about my canoe...

I've owned this Old Town Model Canoe since I was a boy, it has been well taken care of and has rarely been exposed to light for the last 46 years.

It's paint is in fine condition and a beautiful blue with gold leaf outlining Greek Key pattern is painted on both sides.

It comes with two paddles. It has need of some minor repair. (I'm not sure if I'll sell it "as is" or have it repaired, by an expert canoe enthusiast before I sell it) One thwart and one seat need re-attachment on one side only, one gunwhale has a crack that can be easily repaired and the beautifully caned seats could be recaned or perhaps the missing cane can be replaced or left alone (due to the fact the existing caning is beautifully patterned) other than these small details, it's in rather fine condition!

Thank you in advance! Any and all thread drift (into repair realms etc) are welcomed by me...

Replying to my own post because I was kindly made aware of WHCA's Classifieds section by Benson Gray. Bravo Benson!!

KEA,

Search the posts for model canoes and you'll find some valuable info.

Roger Young is someone you'll want to contact. Try the private message system.

You can search for his posts as well.

Good luck,

Paul

KEA:
I have sent you a private message on how to go about finding the information you are seeking. You can follow up as you like. I'll be happy to assist. And, as Paul suggests, there are lots of informative posts here if you look back through the previous entries.
Cheers,
Roger

Back