Help? I used the Valspar marine paint that came with my 1996 Seliga green wood canoe. It doesn't m

Denise

Help! I used the Valspar paint that came from Ace in Ely. Same as Joe Seliga used. I used it on my 1996 wood Seliga canoe; the color is green. Has anyone painted over scratches recently? What paint did you use? I forgot to say that it doesn't match. I called Valspar and they no longer make this paint.

Denise,
Do you have S/N 96 609 2?
And do you have an old can of paint identifying what color you have?

Joe used a number of different green's over the years, including:
Interlux Malachy Green # 341
Interlux Sea Green # 4247
Valspar # 3226
Pettit # 4330 / 3315
Valspar Green - Unknown number

For what it's worth, I've always thought my 2 green Seligas are Malachy Green, BUT I don't know for sure.

Dan

FWIW - I don't think Interlux offers Malachy Green anymore. I called Kirby's and asked for Malachy Green and they easily matched the color. Probably any good paint company could easily match colors.

Fitz.

Thanks so much for the list of paints. Gives me a lot to go by. The canoe I speak of is actually my son, Matt's. I will check on the serial number the next time I am at the cabin. I have a can of paint. It's Valspar 3226 cascade green. I wonder if I didn't get it from my brother who has a 1969 Seliga. That's what his color is. But, it's not working on Matt's canoe; Matt's has more of a yellow tint and is a lighter shade than the 3226.

Back