Hello from the far north of Scotland

Jamie Dyer

Hi all
Jamie Dyer here from the far north of Scotland.
Originally from Australia but have been here in Scotland for near on 18 years now. Paddled back home and here for a long time, one of the first things I bought when I moved to the UK was another Old Town Guide, still paddle it regularly but it is now joined by an Old Town HW from 1920, an AA grade that was restored a few years back by another member on here from down in England. Great canoe that should see another year or two before it needs another recanvas. Maybe a fresh coat of paint and some varnish over the winter.
We originally were looking for a Royalex Charles River to better suite our family now that my son is 9 and growing quick, but neither my wife or myself could go past this lovely canoe.
Anyway, just thought I better introduce myself and say hi as I am sure I will be asking many questions as I get even more into this side of things. Something I am really looking forward to learning more about, and paddling it of course :)

Jamie

Welcome, Jamie. I am about to head to Perth, WA for a while. As far as I know, the only current WCHA members from Down Under are way over in the Sydney region.
Dan

Enjoy paddling the "Beast". I was there when Sam re-launched it a few years back. It paddles beautifully but car topping is an issue!!

Nick

Back