Fly Plate For Assembly Auction

Splinter

Wood Girl #1186
I see we have a considerable number of WCHA Fly-fishing addicts as members. I would like to invite all who tie flies to send me a fly of their own crafting by June 9th to be included in a marvelous fly-plate to be auctioned off at the 2006 Assembly. Please include your carefully packaged fly AND signature on a piece of white cardstock 1" high x 2 1/2" wide.
Send to: Margaret Fisher a.k.a.Splinter
6432 River Court
West Bend, WI 53095

Thanks for participating!!
Email me if you have any questions.
Splinter

Fly-tying

Indeed , myownself does. I'm not just another emply pair of waders over here on the other side of the Cheddar Curtain.
Want to trade one for good luck?
I will send you a nice single feather Hexaginia (old Pol Jorgensen technique) if you send me one of something you favor. Let me know! Splinter

Splinter
I live way north of the Cheddar Wall far enough that we just call it the Line and travelling that far for cheese wouldnt be very thrifty.
I do throw the long rod from time to timebut do not tie. I have something that will do for a trade.
Watch for an envelope in the mail and if its worth a fly send it.

Not a fly either.But I do get flies from the local tiers I usually trade something like the item Im sending you and they mostly feel its worth a fly.
I like to fish with nymphs

Splinter Its in the mail.Today Canada Post had room on the turtle so expect it sometime in a week or so!

Be Careful

Dan B. told me all about it. Fortunately our Canada Post is so slow it should be D.O.A. when it arrives.

OK. Thanks for the warning, Dave! I will put on my leather gloves, hardhat, protective eyewear and orange safety vest first with a fire extinguisher at my side and a pair of tongs. Splinter

Hard to show emotions on a screen But
Is it there yet Is it there yet
Is it there yet!!
Have you been bugging the postperson everyday
and asking Wheres my package? Wheres my package? ala Bart Simpson.:)

WOW!!! WOW!! WOWIE!!! OH MY GOSH! GOSH, OH NELLIE!!! HOLY COW!!!! HOLY MACKERAL!!!! HOLY HEXAGINIA LIMBATA!!! OH MY, OH MY, OH, MY!!! MARY IN HEAVEN!! GOOD LORD! MAN O MAN! WOW! WHEW! WAIT A MINUTE, I GOTTA SIT DOWN AND REST! OH, THAT IS JUST AWESOME. OH, YOU ADORABLE MAN. I HAVE NOTHING LIKE THIS!!!! IN FACT I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO GET THIS!! I CANNOT EVEN THINK OF HOW TO THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS, IT'S WAY TOO MUCH!!! Thank you so very much. I'll remember this kindness for the rest of my life. Unless of course, a flower pot falls from the sky landing on my head and leaving me without recollection so that I'm forced to wander nameless and homeless the rest of my days. Then, I might forget. But, I'd still have a vague notion that I'd been happy once.

I will of course, send you a nice fly.
Splinter

Not all girls like diamonds!!!!!

Dan B., you were right. Splinter seems some what impressed with your bit of _____. Wish my wife was so easy to please.

Diamonds !?!?

Geez. I've got those. If fact, I have some I'm not even using right now and I know where to get more. But this piece of fly-tying material is NOT something I can get. More rare than diamonds it is... Can't wait to rake out those soft fibers and tie up a bunch of buggy, yummy nymphs for upcoming trout season (1 week to go, I think I can make it..... ) Splinter;)

Splinter, what a deal I have for you.

I know that "Trapper" Dans' wife will gladly trade you bales of that fuzzy white stuff for your diamonds. "NO" doubt she will throw Dan in on the deal too if you cover the postage costs.

More to this story?

(NOTE TO SELF: Perhaps he could repair new hole punched in bow of canoe.....) Does he do dishes? Perhaps we can work out some sort of deal if he brings all this fly-tying material and repair tools. Can bartering be calculated in US/Canadian exchange rate? Hmmmm, will have to spend the weekend in the hammock reviewing current international restraint of trade laws before moving ahead with this. I'll get back to you. Splinter

Back