Eastern New York Chapter

Chapters do not have strict geographic boundaries so feel free to participate in as many as you like. I belong to both the Northeast and Norumbega chapters for example and there are many others involved in more than one.
You may also want to start your own. The role of a WCHA chapter head can be as much or as little as you want to make it. Some chapters simply serve as a contact point for people in the area who occasionally have questions about wooden canoes while others are much more active so you can decide what works best for your situation. See http://www.wcha.org/local-area-chapters/ for a list of the chapters and Craig Kitchen's contact information is there if you want more information about starting one. Feel free to post any other questions here.

Benson

I guess the first thing to do would be to determine if there is even a desire for a Hudson Valley chapter. I'll discuss it with a few of the locals and see what their thoughts are...

I'm in Kingston, and know of others in the Hudson Valley that are members. I'd be interested in a local chapeter. Where are you located Hummy? From your description, somewhere around Amenia?

Back