Crossing with Canoe (on Car Roof)

Hopeless?

Just have the registration paperwork, and you're all set. Although in Silly-noise, it can take 5 months to get the papers, which puts us right about to Assembly... Hopefully Wisconsin will be less disorganized.

Actually, for taking your canoe to assembly and back, all you have to do (and I think others have mentioned this) is get a piece of paper on the U.S. side, stating that you are crossing with a canoe... and then show that at the border when you return--- if they ask for it. Whether or not they ask about the canoe depends on things beyond the understanding of us regular citizens... a border guard may be having a bad day, or you may remind him of that second grade teacher who made him spit out his gum... or he may wave you on through without glancing at the canoe.

You don't have to prove you own the canoe anymore than you have to prove you own the dog... simply be prepared to show that you brought it into Canada and are taking it home again.

Ah,

yes, trying to organize a "random" mechinism is tough. :)

I learned/decided years ago that data contained in a BB is very hard to retreive, and in general, only current "strings" are worth reading. If I want to learn/find something, I ask/make a new string.

Dan

Dan Lindberg said:
data contained in a BB is very hard to retreive

You may want to look at the advanced search capabilities in http://forums.wcha.org/search.php to see how easy retrieving old forum postings can be. The trick is to think of some unique key words that describe what you are looking for. I searched for Canadian border form and found this thread right away.

Benson

Back