CoronaCanoe

shelldrake

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Hello All,

I just finished an Atkinson Traveler build and thought you might be interested in some photos. It was my first retirement project. Time to find a new one!

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 482
  • Large1.jpg
    Large1.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 464
  • Large4.jpg
    Large4.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 495
  • Medium2.jpg
    Medium2.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 441
Hi Matt.....and congrats. Wow. It is very nice and you must do another. I retired to spend full time protecting the old boats and aren't we lucky to be where we are.
Keep up the fine work. Your deck and tip work is a nice thing to see.
Dave

Matt That is some beautiful work! Like the paint job too, what did you use for filler/ paint?
Congrats,
Tom

Does anyone know where I could find some plans for a wood and ribbed mold to build a wood and fiberglass Grand Laker canoe. Not looking for a cedar strip. Thanks very much. Dave

The list of plans at http://wcha.org/catalogs/plans.html may help. You might need to combine multiple plans to get what you want. One example would be to take the design of the Grand Laker in strip form from Gilpatrick and use the instructions for building a wood canvas form from Building the Wood & Canoe by Rollin Thurlow and the Northwoods Canoe Company. Good luck,

Benson

FWIW, if you are looking for a grand laker i would contact Dale Tobey, he is often a source of rebuildable boats, or those in need of new homes. i redid one i got from him. If you are after the building experience, then i cheerfully withdraw my comment! only plans i ever found were as mentioned by Benson. great canoes either way, as i learned.

Back