Canadian Pickers Episode

Not if you are from south of the border. Our inconvenience has been apologized for though... pickers.jpg

Last night the winds were rattling the windows....rain fell....not many leaves left on the trees....some trees came down....some places were without power....but I was safe home....inside safe and sound....and warm....so I watched the latest episode of Canadian Pickers:

Episode 35 – “Eye Spy”

AIRDATE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012

The Pickers head to cottage country in Southern Ontario while keeping close tabs on Keenan, their newbie warehouse manager. The price of antique canoes in Haliburton and Buckhorn has them up a creek, but a cache of vintage guitars in an old barn has Scott and Sheldon humming a different tune. Keenan’s shenanigans pay off for Sheldon in unexpected ways.

This was an interesting episode since it involved two well known personalities in the wooden canoe community....both members of Wooden Canoe Heritage Association: model canoe guy Roger Young of Haliburton and canoe builder/restorer extraordinaire Dick Persson of Buckhorn Canoe Company. Much better depiction of wood canoes than previous episodes. Both Roger and Dick gave the two pickers (Scott and Sheldon) great deals too. Check out this link to the show to see for yourself, http://www.history.ca/canadianpicke...l?v=2298115851&p=1&s=dd#canadianpickers/video.

Last edited:
Well, So much for a free and open internet. Perhaps Homeland Security suspect these guys are a bunch of nefarious canadian pickers who will come down here and steal our canoes, or maybe there are some of our drones flying over Canada looking for their canoes...... I can remember before 911 crossing the border to shop and waving to the border guard and he would wave to you and that was it. WHAT Happened? Mike.......

Twice I have receintly delivered canoes into the USA for American buyers. All the proper paper work was done and paid for through an American broker. I was none the less treated like a absolute criminal for what seemed like hours each time at the US Border Customs. I am not a criminal nor do I have a criminal record. I hope we dont treat our Southern friends the same way when they enter through the Canadian Border Customs.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do...

...Imagine all the people living life in peace

You may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

Well, I wrote to Canadian Pickers and asked "WHY" US residents were not allowed to access even the on-line video of the program, even if they don't receive programs over their tv's. Here is the answer I received:

"Unfortunately, Shaw has the content restricted to Canada only on their
site. No one in the U.S. is airing the show yet, so it won't be available
online to Americans on the History site.

Thanks,
Canadian Pickers Team"

So, it seems that Shaw TV, the owners of the program, won't provide access until some network in the US picks up the broadcasting rights. Maybe would-be US viewers could lobby your US stations and/or networks to purchase some broadcast rights. Or. maybe you guys can lobby/complain to Shaw directly at: www.Shaw.ca.

Sorry you are not able to enjoy some of our programming. That's the best explanation I have at the moment.
Roger

Really sorry that our American friends can't access this video....I didn't realize this when I posted the link....hopefully there is a way that this video may be available in the USA one day soon.

i did see some episodes on i think either the history channel or discovery but they changed the name to cash cowboys.it was 2 weeks ago, i looked for more episodes coming up but couldnt find any

Really sorry that our American friends can't access this video....I didn't realize this when I posted the link....hopefully there is a way that this video may be available in the USA one day soon.

How about if we let you folks bring "the Cup" home in exchange.
Aside from some occasional display time in the HOF it spends most it's time in the US of late. (go hawks)

Back