Canadian fungicide, advice please

Grizzle

One repair / restoration so far......
I've returned to the basement with the firm intention of canvassing and applying filler this trip.

http://canoe-at-little-log-cabin.blogspot.co.uk/

Searching online for fungicide / fongicide (fr.) I can only find garden products. Can anyone please point me to a suitable product which I could find here in Quebec or Ontario please?

Thanks for the help.

Grizzle

Don't apply in your garage attached to a house and let the stuff dry for a while so that it does not off gas. It will smell for quite some time. Clearly states on the product not for indoor use.

Don't apply in your garage attached to a house and let the stuff dry for a while so that it does not off gas. It will smell for quite some time. Clearly states on the product not for indoor use.

Ah!

Thanks for this!

Temperatures here (Laurentians) are swinging madly.

If I dig out the basement access and get the boat outside to treat it at say plus 6 working outside, do you think I can bring it in to the tunnel -which has a really air-tight door to the basement - for five days dipping to minus 12?

Or is there another product?

Thanks, all advice really welcome.

Thanks. I just had a hard time with the home hardware website. I find their stores are so much better outside the GTA...local store rarely has anything I go there for. I was looking to buy less than a gallon, but maybe I should but the gallon because you never know when this stuff might get banned.

You'll need most of a gallon depending on the length of your canoe. Although it will soak in a larger spot then what you brush on it doesn't spread like paint so requires more than you'd think.

Wow, that stuff does stink. Anyone have any experience with how long zinc napthelane takes to off gas? I have it in the garage, but guess it would be better outside..just don't have a good covered place to store it.

Just did it yesterday on a canoe. Mine is outside and hot weather will help to get ride of odour. I usually leave it at least a week or until I would have to put my nose up to it to smell it.

I used copper naphthenate on my planking. There's a warning on the bottle that it would stink - I don't know if it's the same smell but I half liked it:)

Back