Beautiful Canadian Cruiser in BC

garyh

garyh
Looked at a Canadian, model 44 or 45 I believe, in Prince George, BC the other night. Is a 16', cruiser or pleasure model (34 1/2 beam), and a beauty of a canoe. Literally looks like it just came out of the factory other than the wonderful darkened varnish, I would say it is even prettier and as or more nicely built than my Chestnut. Was the current owners fathers, bought in 51 he thinks (no ser # on stems), and spent it's early years in Algonquin park. Was than recanvassed and touched up in North Bay, Ont., by someone who really knew what they were doing in the 60's and has been on the rack since. See kijiji, Prince George, BC. Was asking 3000 but owner didn't really know what it was worth and seemed more interested in it going to a good home than getting a lot of money for it. Anyone in western Canada or US looking for a really nice original canoe that's all ready to go should look at this one.
By the way, I looked at with no intention of buying as 3 canoes is about my limit, however, at this fella's house I quit counting at 13 canoes so maybe 3 is way too conservative!! All space age river racing boats, other than the wc Canadian, weighing mere pounds I'm sure, that look more like kayaks or sculls than canoes.

Back