April Outing....Illinois Wisconsin Chapter

Dave Osborn

LIFE MEMBER
April Earth Day Outing....Illinois Wisconsin Chapter

Check out the outing scheduled for April 22 (Earth Day 2006) on our new web site. http://www.freewebs.com/wiwchatempfiles
We will be paddling the Milwaukee River in the West Bend Wisconsin area, north of Milwaukee. The posting is very detailed and should be self explanatory. Contact info is included if you have questions.
Hope to see you there!
Dave Osborn

Last edited:
River Condition for April 22nd Outing

Dave and I paddled the North Branch of the Milwaukee River on Saturday April 15th. The entire 9 water miles are UNOBSTRUCTED. No portages, walk arounds or lining will be needed. We started at 10:30 a.m. and ended at take-out at 1:30 pm. We took our sweet time. Dave fished for a few miles of the trip while I paddled and we did stop for about 40 minutes to hang out on a little island and let the dog explore. The river is high and flowing swiftly in the narrower passes and more slowly along the shallower wide flats. There are 3 small riffles, one at put in, one just past that, and one at take out. Rocks are close to surface at launch and take-out but easily avoided. The only slightly "dodgy" place was actually the launch which is fast and has a few sub-surface obstructions which need careful avoidance. Plenty of parking at the somewhat secluded launch site, quite safe. I'd wear shoes or boots that can take some mud. If you'd like to bring a snack to share at island snacktime at about the halfway point, feel free. We are getting a healthy response; currently expecting 13 & 3 maybe's. Please RSVP by the 18th if you plan to join us so we know how much duck/wild rice soup to make and how much wine to chill!!! Looking forward to it. Spinter & Dave

Back