A sign?

Rob Stevens

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
Today, as I walked into work, there on the ground, where previously a pile of snow, was a Post-it sized note reading, "Get your Paddle out of storage". (I kid you not. Photo to be posted once I get home)
Was it a sign that Spring was coming?
Give your head a shake. It's only February here in the Great White North.
You've heard of Indian Summer? How about "Indian Winter" ie. a warm spell to get the juices flowing.

NOT! This square yellow patch was actually an advertisement for Stride Gum, "The ridiculously long-lasting gum". They have an online ping-pong challenge;
http://www.stridegum.ca/en/#Ping_Pong

Ya, like I said, give your head a shake.

Attachments

• Get you paddle out of storage.jpg
    Get you paddle out of storage.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
I have 6 canoes out there covered in about 3 feet of snow here in Maine and no signs found anywhere...All my paddles are hanging on the walls in my living room!...LOL
Tried that ping pong....very frustrating to keep losing to a guy who is blindfolded...oh well....March begins Sunday....so spring is on the way...so I will continue to: "Love many,trust few, and always paddle my OWN canoe!"

It was definitely a sign. Just because it was an advertisement does not change the true meaning.
Time to sand and varnish the paddles so they are ready.
Howard

Is there a fraternity house nearby? Maybe it is hazing season soon and they need to get their paddle out and warmed up for the ----!

Andreas

Back