A New & Improved Canoe Sailing Magazine

Pernicious Atavist

Canoe Sailing Publisher
After a long spell in dry dock we've undergone a refit that has turned Canoe Sailing Magazine into "Skinny Hull Canoe & Kayak Sailing Magazine." Just plain "Skinny Hull" is enough I should think. Skinny Hull will be released in January.

Two essential changes have been made:
1. The name was changed to encompass all types of canoes, kayaks, Pacific Island boats, Chesapeake Log Canoes and etc.
2. The current format will be updated and turned into a blog and entry point for Skinny Hull.
3. (I did say, two, didn't I? Sheesh) Skinny Hull will be in a page-flipping format that's very much like a paper magazine. This will allow us to offer a much more attractive, user friendly version that will encourage great photography.

Where you come in. Well, this is a community magazine and we welcome and encourage you to send in your articles, photos, stories, whatever. Again, this is a great format for great photos and I'd like to see what you have. Photo essays are really welcome--lot's of pics, few words!

Let me know if you're interested. We also could use a contributing editor who's a wooden canoe nut.

Email me at editor@canoesailingmagazine.com

That's it. Happy sailing!

Skinny Hull magazine is live! We've had good reviews and are getting new features submitted to us by from well-known folks. This month's cover features Rollin Thurlow's work. See us at http://issuu.com/skinnyhull/docs/volume1-number1

As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to send in your own photos and articles for upcoming issues.

Happy sailing!
Ed

Yikes! Had some bad techie days...a catastrophic server "challenge" we're still working on, then my computer crashed. Sheesh. Well, the computer's back home with a new hard drive and we were pushed to develop and publish the new home of Skinny Hull a little sooner than planned for. This will be the entry point of the page-flipping magazine and home of the forum and other news, etc. that can't wait for each issue. So, here it is...still under construction so excuse the mess! http://skinnyhull.com/

Ed,
new format is great and looks terrific, and not too many kayaks either! Thanks for giving us that play with canoes and sails something to look at, keep it up! Ply that Dan Miller for a monthly photo from his archives, he as incredible stuff stowed away....

Back