5 digit serial #

anthony

Arrowslinger
I have a wood/canvas:builder as yet unknown.15'10"L.35W.at guns.13"deep.serial#stamped stern stem # 23135.any info would be great! thanks T.M.

The Old Town with serial number 23135 is an 18 foot long Guide's model so that probably isn't yours. It appears that Carleton and Kennebec did not issue this serial number. Is your number followed by a space and two more digits indicating the length in feet? Let me know which digit is the least clear and I will take another look at the records. You may want to try a flashlight at a very low angle to emphazise the shadows or a crayon with paper like a grave stone rubbing. You may be able to identify your canoe from other characteristics described at http://www.dragonflycanoe.com/id/ in the Wood Canoe Identification Guide. Feel free to reply here if you have any other questions.

Benson

hello Benson.Thanks for the input.23135 is a 16' Chestnut Deer.I'm sanding ribs in my living room right now! (She will have to go back to Dad's shop soon for "messier" work.). T.M.

Back