Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

2022 Assembly Program

Discussion in 'Annual Assembly' started by Rob Stevens, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Rob Stevens

Rob Stevens Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Well, folks, here it is, the planned program for this summer, live at Paul Smith's College (final time for this venue as PSC has informed us they will no longer host summer conferences after this year).
    Online registration will open 25th. Anyone who needs assistance can call ED Annie Burke.

Attached Files:

pklonowski likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Rob Stevens

Updated Program;

Attached Files:

3. Todd F

Todd F Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes

Rob, is there a way to see which builders/suppliers may be coming to the Assembly aside from contacting each of them? Reason I ask is about ordering and buying supplies there vs paying for shipping. Looking forward to my first Assembly and appreciate any insight or advice.

Blott likes this.
  4. Benson Gray

Benson Gray Canoe History Enthusiast Staff Member

I'm not Rob but would strongly encourage you to contact any builder/supplier in advance to make sure that they bring the things you want to the Assembly.

Benson

Rob Stevens likes this.
  5. Todd F

Todd F Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes

Thanks Benson! Looking forward to my first Assembly, did not know how often suppliers attended etc. Will reach out to each.

6. OP
    OP
    Rob Stevens

Latest update to the Assembly Program.
    We have added a dedicated tent to display the Tom MacKenzie Special Exhibit provided by the Wisconsin Canoe Heritage Museum (thanks to Jed Malischke and David Yost), along with a tour of a selection of Tom's Loon Works & birchark canoes guided by Dave Yost and Alex Comb (among other friends, relatives and canoe historians).

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    Rob Stevens

Some more tweaks, including addition of an Early Bird "Tour of White Pine Camp" on Tuesday (Assembly begins at 1PM).

Attached Files: