2017 Annual Assembly

Discussion in 'Annual Assembly' started by Rob Stevens, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Rob Stevens

Rob Stevens Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Next year's Annual Assembly will be held July 11 to July 16, 2017, at Paul Smith's College.

The theme for 2017 is "Paddles and Accessories".

We are looking for people to lead workshops, demonstrations or presentations on paddles, sailing rigs, tumps, wanigans, canvas tents, camp cookery, etc. Please step forward and share your expertise on canoeing accessories and techniques.

2. knubud

knubud Wooden Canoeist

Tom McCloud and the Chesapeake Bay Boys will be covering a canoe with Dacron

3. 1905Gerrish

1905Gerrish LOVES Wooden Canoes

I'm wondering if someone can repost the wonderful picture of the woman in the canoe for the add of the 2017 assembly and possible give some info about the photo?

4. Dan Miller

Dan Miller cranky canoeist Staff Member

The image is from a postcard in my collection. I chose it for the ad due to all the accouterments shown that fit with the Assembly theme.

The card is dated 1903, beyond that all I know is what is shown in the card itself.

Dan

Attached Files:

5. 1905Gerrish

1905Gerrish LOVES Wooden Canoes

Dan,

Thank you, I ask because I have the canoe in the postcard. I have not been able to indentify the maker but assumed it was from the Charles area like the postcard says. I am missing the front seat that was made to be removeable and hung on bronze brackets mounted to the bottom of the inwale. This is a great photo of what I need to make and helps a lot. I did find the canoe just outside of Boston.

Zack

6. OP
    Rob Stevens

Rob Stevens Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Here is a peak preview of the draft program for Assembly;

Attached Files: