2008 Assembly!

Rob Stevens

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
Many of you will have received the 2008 Assembly Program inserted into the June issue of Wooden Canoe. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but as Coordinator of the committee planning this event, I'd like to think I know how it will play out.

Here is some last minute info for those who are sitting on the fence or who haven't left to begin the long drive yet.

Canadian Canoe Museum General Admission Mon-Sat 10AM-5PM
Admission will be FREE to those registered for Assembly when you show your name tag. Exclusive, guided Tours of Collection have been confirmed for Thursday morning. Spaces are limited, so sign up at Info/Registration Tent when you arrive at Trent. The CCM has pulled together a special exhibit to coincide with Assembly. ”Canoes in Miniature” will open Thurs. at 9AM just before the warehouse tours begin.

Bear Mountain Boatshop's (Ted Moores, author of "Canoecraft") "Small Craft Builder's Rendezvous" overlaps with this year's Assembly. Although Assembly functionally ends Sunday morning, those who are interested can join the Bear Mountain folks for a picnic and paddle day in the beautiful Lakefield Marsh.
More info; http://www.bearmountainboats.com/rendezvous.htm

Hope to see many of you in P'bo!

Rob

Back