2006 WCHA Assembly is over - some thoughts.

Mike Heines

Upstate Canoe Sailor
Thanks to all those who worked on, volunteered for, and attended WCHA 2006 - at Keuka College. Even though I was only able to squeeze in a couple of days around work and other stuff, I had a great time as usual.
I want to say that I spoke with a handful of first timers, and they LOVED Keuka, they want to COME BACK to Keuka, they ENJOYED the water, they DRANK at the wineries, etc.
Some of those who have been to Paul Smith's did make some comparisons, but I guess I'd have to say that Keuka is what it is, and Paul Smith's is what it is. Some of the same fun potential exists in both places, and there are advantages and disadvantages to each.
Let's hope that price of gas goes down for next year!

Mike

I'd like to add a few thoughts to Mike's. This was my first Assembly at a location other than Paul Smith's. Quite frankly, the change was welcome. Having an antique boat show nearby was a real bonus. While I'm hoping that we go back to Paul Smith's again sometime because of the great paddling, I look forward to other venues.

With 4 Assemblies under my rather large belt, I have got to say that the folks at WCHA Assemblies are the most welcoming, open and fun loving group I have ever encountered.

Back