Floor runner Question ?

Nessmuck

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
After yah bust your butt applying 5 coats of Ephines (sp) varnish on the inside of your canoe....Do you folks use some type of runnah on the floor ? So all the dirt and sand don’t mess up your hard work ? Now I know it’s not a show piece / wall hangah ...but what do yah think ? Pics are always welcome and thanks

A couple years ago I bought three Army surplus closed cell foam sleeping pads at a gun show in PA. They are six feet long and 30" wide more or less. I've cut sections out to use as kneeling pads or floor covers in canoes. Cost was next to nothing. Prior to the sleeping pads I bought closed cell foam carpet pad intended for hallway runners. It was about 36" wide, 1/2" thick. Got it at the local Home Depot. Works good and was cheap enough.

A couple years ago I bought three Army surplus closed cell foam sleeping pads at a gun show in PA. They are six feet long and 30" wide more or less. I've cut sections out to use as kneeling pads or floor covers in canoes. Cost was next to nothing. Prior to the sleeping pads I bought closed cell foam carpet pad intended for hallway runners. It was about 36" wide, 1/2" thick. Got it at the local Home Depot. Works good and was cheap enough.
Too funny...I also am using pad comma sleeping bag Olive Drab for mats in my boats....they work pretty well and replaced my old closed cell backpacking pads.

Back