Old Town Orange For A 1920 Canoe

jam010148

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Does the Kirby orange(#4) match the orange of Old Town? I don't know that I particularly like painting "orange" but the build sheet identified that as the color with a black strip. So, I guess I'll give orange a try.
thanks
joe

My wife seems to like the Kirby orange, so I guess I will try it. If no one likes (buys when I post the canoe), I may know the reason why:) It should open eyes.
thanks Benson
joe

Kirby orange IMG_2899.JPG

Hi David - very nice. I may be sold on orange. Hopefully, my restore comes out as nice.
thanks
joe

FWIW my wife insisted I buy some Kirby's orange when they were at Assembly a few years ago.

I haven't used it yet. :rolleyes:

If your intent is to sell the canoe, why would you ever paint it orange?
Dan

"If no one likes (buys when I post the canoe)"

If you are selling, green or blue will sell. Orange....yeah, that's a hard one to paint over.

My mother (German) used to complain about my fathers "French Canadian taste"...the brighter and more garish anything was the more he liked it.... like a crow and shiny objects. The gene may have skipped past me...I've never been attracted to the purple roofs along the St. Lawrence between Gananoque and Quebec City..go figure.
I do plan to eventually paint my Chestnut a bright yellow but I have no plans to sell....;)

Back