auction paddle

Craig Johnson

Lifetime member
I recently brought home a load of sassafras lumber I sawed and had solar dried, specifically for paddle making.120 pieces of 8"x 6/4"x6' or8'. Between that and the aromatic red cedar I used to build a pergola for my daughters wedding, my shop smells like a giant spice cabinet. I'm excited to get back to some paddle carving. Here are the first few. The one in the middle is for the WCHA auction at Assembly this year.
Thanks to Murat, Mr. Adney, and the Passamaquoddy for inspiration.
I'll probably bring some sassafras blanks to Assembly if anyone is interested.
Craig

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 609
Craig, we missed you ( and your paddles) last year! Be glad to see you this summer, looking forward to it.

Craig,
Please hold two blanks for me. Nice shop. I swear I saw two guys at Paul Smith's last year, that looked like you and Scott. (Grin). Fred

Hi Fred.
Yea, we were there. As I remember Andre was pretty busy last year and I didn't donate a paddle that year so he's forgiven :) Guess my paddles are more memorable than my face :) I'll save you some sassafras.
Craig

Hi Fred.
Yea, we were there. As I remember Andre was pretty busy last year and I didn't donate a paddle that year so he's forgiven :) Guess my paddles are more memorable than my face :) I'll save you some sassafras.
Craig

:eek: Oops. I blame Samuel Adams......

Back